hello.
Welcome to Jam's blog~

Feel free to browse around and leave thoughts here and there via comments and cbox.
Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Site Opened @ 300510

Rant 2#
Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Okay, so the new anime season has started and I have to say that this season is highly oriented towards female audience (eye-candy, good looking guys, reverse harem, hints of gay). But what I didn't really expect was the amount of backlash on the "gay-ness" of new anime series.

I'll start off with anime that quite a lot of people looked forward to watching; the swimming anime a.k.a Free! 

There are 4 main characters, all of which are guys, who love swimming. To be honest, I find that the anime lacks plot, and is only filled with eye-candy (half naked animated guys) and homoerotic subtext. But I, like 2,848 other people liked the video via Facebook, and that's saying a lot about its popularity. However, on the comments section, the top rated comment is "Holy gay". Are there homosexual relationships in the anime? No. Therefore, it is not gay. There is subtext, but that doesn't mean it's gay. Then the comments go on about how "It's so gay... change this to a girls' swim team and I'll watch". I would like to point out that the anime is for FEMALE audience. If you don't like then DON'T watch. If you have nothing better to say other than "It's gay..." then fuck off. (Side note: "Change this to a girls' swim team"... Just so you can stare at big boobs and girls wearing bikinis and sexualised images of teenage girls?)

I would also like to point out that, you have all these guys commenting a fuckload of homophobic comments about "gay guys" etc, but you don't see us, girls, complaining about guys watching a load of sexualised females fighting with barely anything on (oh, I forgot about the DDD cup boobs hanging out and the GIGANTIC BUTTS). You don't see us complaining about guys watching girl-on-girl action. You don't see us complaining about guys watching ecchi, (erotic fantasy usually involving sexualised females). 

So, it's okay for men to watch ecchi/yuri (homosexual relationships between girls), but not okay for women to watch ANYTHING that has even a HINT of homosexual relationships between guys? It's okay for men to watch sexualised women in action but not okay for women to watch sexualised men in action? 

Oh, that's right, men aren't sexualised. 

What a load of bullshit.

I would next like to point out another comment I've seen on another anime. 
fuck another gay homo anime i think i'm going to vomit from all this gay shit
That comment had 31 likes on an anime that had NO homosexual relationships whatsoever. It only contained men-to-men talking and I'd like to mention that the main male character probably has a female love interest.

Honestly, why do people act like such immature assholes. People are being homophobic, prejudice bastards who have nothing better to do than insult others. It's not funny and it's outright discrimination against homosexuality. If you don't want to watch it, then don't watch it. There is no point in commenting "Oh it's so gay". What do you expect from those types of comments anyway?

Maybe, us, women should just scrawl through all the ecchi anime out there and write... "THIS IS SO SEXUALISED..." so the majority of guys commenting shit can fucking understand it from our point of view. Though they probably wouldn't even understand, because of their one-track mind.

--

This rage is not a well-structured rant. Sorry for that. But I was just typing out what I feel.


8:43 PM